WELCOME TO THE SFHS IB BOOSTER CLUB
Welcome to the IB family and the SFHS IB Booster Club!
South Forsyth High School is proud to be the only IB World School within Forsyth County. We are a small, specialized community and meet monthly to organize important IB related events, oversee social activities and fundraising to enhance the student experience. We hold monthly Sunday afternoon meetings at Starbucks across from The Collection. IB Coordinator, Mr. Denney, attends and provides IB Program information you might otherwise miss. Involvement is key!
All parents are welcome; come as you are!
Meeting dates for 2018/2019 SFHS Booster Club
We reserve the long table at Starbucks and meetings start at 2:00p.m.
To provide a flavor for the upcoming school year, the following events are planned for your student:
- Weekend Fall Retreat enabling students to meet, create peer study groups, and grow outside of their comfort zone.
- Oral Presentations regarding their Service Hours (CAS) and parents to hear/score their speeches (instructions provided).
- Winter Holiday Party for students & IB Alumni in which Last Year’s Seniors receive their actual IB Diploma!
- Spring Picnic during a hectic time in their schedules so they can just unwind. Parent chaperones are needed.
- IB Exams that require Parent Volunteers/Proctors ensuring ethical outcomes. Again, instructions provided.
- Junior Parent College Information Night wherein vital information is provided regarding college admission and the IB senior year.
- Senior Family Graduation Celebration / Roast and Semi-Formal Dinner Party for the entire Senior family. NOT to be missed!